When relocating to or from Thailand, just as with any other country, a number of occasions may occur in which renting furniture is the obvious solution to ensure a smooth relocation process or just a perfectly comfortable stay as an expat. Besides the fact that some rental properties are rented out semi-furnished or unfurnished – where a furniture rental option naturally comes in handy – there very often are ‘transition logistics’ to consider when moving foreign expats in-and-out of Thailand.
For example, as many expats choose to bring along some of their favorite furniture, for their multiple-year posting abroad, that furniture will typically be shipped by sea freight, which easily implies a 6-8 weeks wait (or more) at the receiving end for long-distance relocations. A similar, albeit reverse, situation may arise on repatriation or move-out from Thailand, as the relocating expat may wish to ship off furniture to have it ready on arrival to the new destination. Of course, there will still be a need for basic furniture at the Thailand property until the date of the personal move. In both situations furniture rentals is a very convenient solution and Pacific Orientation Furniture Rentals the perfect one-stop partner.
Among the many good reasons to opt for renting furniture in Thailand as an (relocating) expat we have listed just a few here:
- Have more flexibility to live exactly where you want, even if the apartment you love the most doesn’t come with furniture – or only partly.
- Avoid the typically hefty sunken costs of shipping furniture. Enough said.
- If you’ve already shipped your furniture to your new home, you don’t have to live in a furniture-less apartment while you waitfor it to arrive. You can rent for the meantime and won’t have to lift a finger.
- Save yourself the time and trouble to go shopping for new furniture when you have a million other things to do.
- Enjoy using nicer furniture than you could have afforded if you had to buy new items.
- It’s more than furniture! You can rent everything from quality pots, pans and kitchen utensils, to cleaning suppliesand a welcome basket with household necessities like toilet paper or shampoo.
- Arrange pre-delivery to start living in your new place the minute you walk in.
- Forget worrying about depreciation of your furniture. The rental company will take it back whenever you stop needing it.
- Take advantage of flexible rental terms. You can easily rent from one month to five years.
- It’s ok if you don’t like what you selected. With rentals, you can test out any item from the large range of high quality furniture available at any time.
– – –
Read our article about the high season for expats into Thailand and the advantages of arranging rented furniture.