In the early ’90s, the internet was not yet commonly-popular in Taiwan, it was hard for foreigners to picture how different living in Taiwan would be. With limited resources/information, they could only rely on communication with a co-worker or a friend’s experiences before a decision could be made for an overseas assignment opportunity to Taiwan. That was when Eastgate Relocation was established, with the core mission and vision to provide trusted-guidance and supports to the expatriate community in understanding what Taiwan has to offer. At that time, most of the transitioning employees were executive officers with family. In the past two decades, the nature of employee mobility has gradually changed due to companies being more cost-conscious in relocating employees globally.
Today in Asia, with the rise of technology, it is noticeable that the trend of younger employees is increasing. These Millennials or post-90s group of candidates desire an overseas assignment during their career. Asia’s Inaugural Youth Mobility Index 2018 rankings found Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea, along with Japan, lead when it comes to youth mobility. Mobility may be increasing, but the nature of assignments is changing. Working hard is no longer enough, as younger generations think differently and appreciate smart solutions. So, what are we doing in order to keep up with this ever-changing mobility landscape?
Working hard is no longer enough, as younger generations think differently and appreciate smart solutions.
- To accommodate and become adaptable with new service requests.
- Customize services small or big in meeting client’s expectations and budget.
- Be innovative and brainstorm with Clients on ideas and options in fulfilment with the demand changes.
2. Cost Savings Demonstration
- Ability to perform the service at a less cost and adding value with extensive scopes of services to lessen Client’s HR workloads.
- In 2018, Eastgate has successfully demonstrated lease cost savings of USD 37,192 per month for all major clients.
3. Data Security Compliance
- With the GDPR, which came alive on May 25, 2018, Eastgate had invested TWD 800,000 in compliance with the set regulation.
- Managing Access and Data Access Control to go through a verified security channel (VPN).
- The file in/out management has encryption mechanism.
- All working stations are safeguarded with licensed anti-virus software
- Each team member is authorized with his/her own user name and password. Once logged in, it will be recorded.
4. Fast Updates / On-The-Ground Expertise
- Regular market updates relating to expat housing, education, immigration aspects
- Sharing in-depth knowledge of local norms with pros and cons to help the customer in making efficient decisions.
- Ongoing innovation to better interact with customers for a more time-efficient or self-service transition.
5. Enhance Customer’s Transition Experience
- Pre-move: City One Pager of local knowledge sharing to minimize customer’s surprises of the new city.
- During Move: Detailed and in-person supports. Be articulate and informative during communication.
- Post-move: Sensitive and genuine caring, assuring that the customer is fully supported and adapting to new living.
Eastgate Relocation is a relocation consulting management company providing mobility solutions and supports to the expatriate community bound to Taiwan. Affiliated and the selected Taiwan partner of Reloc8 Asia Pacific Group; Member of EuRA Relocation Association and the Worldwide ERC. Our team is with in-depth knowledge and experience providing practical and real-time support to Companies and Employees and families in their best interests. “Personal Touch” is our strength in taking care of each assignee like our family and friend. We work with you all the way throughout the transition process ensuring you are well settled in Taiwan. Connect with us today at www.eastgate-relocation.com for more information about moving to Taiwan.