With effect from 1 February 2019, foreign-born children aged 12 years and below will need to verify their vaccination (or evidence of immunity) for diphtheria and measles with the Health Promotion Board (HPB) before an application can be made for a Dependant's Pass (DP) or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Existing pass holders will not be subject to the requirements when renewing their pass or applying for a new pass.
Documents required for submission to HPB:
- Immunisation Registration Form certified by medical doctor
- Copy of child’s vaccination records
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Copy of child’s travel documents
- Copy of parent’s passport
Documents not in English must be translated and HPB only accepts either of the following:
- Translated copy translated by the Embassy of the document-issuing country or a local Notary Public
- Privately translated copy attested by the embassy of the document issuing country or notarized by a local Notary Public
An application fee of S$35 will be charged and the processing time for verification is around 10 working days. If the child is medically unfit for vaccination, we need to submit a document certified by a doctor.
The “Verification of Vaccination Requirements (VR) (for entry to Singapore)” has a validity period between 3 to 24 months depending on the child’s age.