Eligibility to work for both principal applicant and spouse:
- Principal applicant must have a NZ employer.
- If overseas employer wishes to second employee to NZ to work for subsidiary, employer must justify reason.
- Assignee would need to provide specialist skills or be of senior management.
- Visas can be issued up to 5 years typically 3 years, dependent on salary applicant would be paid in NZ.
- Accompanying spouse or partner would receive open work visa for same period as principal applicant.
- Applicants must meet health and character requirements.
- Spouse or partner must prove they have lived together 12 months prior to application.