Last Updated: September 2017
To learn more, or for assistance with visa and Immigration matters, jump to Reloc8 Asia Pacific Group Thailand’s contact page.
Framework for Visa and Immigration Law
- Immigration Act of Thailand B.E. 2522 (1979).
- Alien Working Act, B.E.2521 (1978).
- Visa: Immigration Bureau.
- Work Permit: Department of Employment.
Areas of Risk
- Risk of assignees loosing Non-B visa if leaving Thailand without notifying PORS and without prior application for multiple-entry Non-B.
- Compliance to requirements by local employer regarding obtaining of WP for assignee or eligibility for BOI privileges.
Processing Times (principal visa category for international assignments)
- One (1) month.
What are the fees charged by the Government for the main visa category (assuming a family of 4)
- USD 300
Please note: in some countries government charges vary by nationality of applicant, age of dependents, and other factors. In addition charges are subject to change from time to time.