Last Updated: September 2017
To learn more, or for assistance with visa and Immigration matters, jump to Reloc8 Asia Pacific Group Taiwan’s contact page.
Framework for Visa and Immigration Law
Immigration Acts and Regulations set by the National Immigration Agency.
- PRC nationals: National Immigration Agency.
1. Act Governing Relations between the People of the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area.
2. Regulations of PRC Nationals entering Taiwan.
1. Labour Law/Workforce Development Agency.
2. Immigration Act: Immigration Agency.
- PRC nationals : by Immigration Agency.
1. Visas: the Bureau of Consular Affairs/Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
2. Work Permit: The Workforce Development Agency.
3. Alien Residence Certificate: The National Immigration Agency.
Areas of Risk
- Applicant meeting Work Permit’s qualification and work experience requirements.
- Local company must meet minimum revenue levels in order to employ foreigners.
Processing Times (principal visa category for international assignments)
- Work permit – 12 days.
- Visa – 5 days.
- Alien Residence Certificate – 14 days.
What are the fees charged by the Government for the main visa category (assuming a family of 4)
A. Passport holders of all countries except U.S. – USD 284.
B. U.S. Passport holders – USD 640.
- Alien Resident Visa (ARC):
NT$ 1,000 per person/year.
NT$ 4,000 for family of 4/year.
Please note: in some countries government charges vary by nationality of applicant, age of dependents, and other factors. In addition charges are subject to change from time to time.