Last Updated: September 2017
To learn more, or for assistance with visa and Immigration matters, jump to Reloc8 Asia Pacific Group South Korea’s contact page.
Framework for Visa and Immigration Law
- Immigration Control Laws no. 13440 and its affiliated acts.
- South Korea Immigration Office which is part of Ministry of Justice.
Areas of Risk
- Short term visas under 90 days are handled by Consular located in each country, not from the Immigration Office.
- There are many areas which could depend on the Managing Officer for the case and many supplementary documents could be requested.
- If the invited position could be filled by South Korean workforce (by the judgment of the immigration officer) the case may be declined.
Processing Times (principal visa category for international assignments)
- Recently the screening is tightened and the timeline may be extended. Usually from collection of documents until getting approval of the visa will take 8 to 10 weeks.
What are the fees charged by the Government for the main visa category (assuming a family of 4)
- USD 450
Please note: in some countries government charges vary by nationality of applicant, age of dependents, and other factors. In addition charges are subject to change from time to time.