June Ranson, Reloc8 Asia Pacific Group’s New Zealand partner shares insights into Cultural Challenges in New Zealand.
Cultural Challenges – New Zealand
- An egalitarian society.
- We move to first names quickly and shun the use of titles.
- No formal class structure.
- Wealth and social status are not important to Kiwi’s (New Zealanders).
- Gifts are opened when received.
- Do not appear too forward or overly friendly when meeting.
- NZ is not a bargaining culture.
- Brevity in conversation and are not impressed by more detail than what is requested.
- Stick to the point while speaking.